B.o.B. Stays In The Clouds, Pushes A Milli W/ Lil Wayne

News: B.o.B. Stays In The Clouds, Pushes A Milli W/ Lil Wayne

Friday, Feb 10, 2012 10:11AM

Written by Rosario Harper

Bookmark and Share

Grand Hustle rapper B.o.B. has reason to celebrate heading into the weekend with his Lil Wayne-assisted "Strange Clouds" record reaching over a million sold.

B.o.B. broke the news to his 413,000-plus Twitter followers last night (February 9).

"Congrats to @BoBATL!!! #StrangeClouds is now PLATINUM....1,005,223 SOLD!!! #TeamBoB," he retweeted from music executive TJ Chapman.

"Good News and "Not-so-good" news.... #StrangeClouds comes out May 1st.... #StrangeClouds"

"Sorry for the wait but I promise it's a phenomenal album... #StrangeClouds" (B.o.B.'s Twitter)

Prior to its pushback, Bobby Ray planned on dropping his sophomore album next month.

Mark your calendars, B.o.B fans, because you can expect to hear his sophomore album, Strange Clouds, on March 13. At least, that's the Atlanta rapper revealed this morning on his Twitter account with the following message: "#StrangeClouds Droppin' March 13th!!!!!!!!!" The album will serve as the follow-up to his 2010 debut, The Adventures of Bobby Ray. (Complex)

Recently, B.o.B. and elusive rap! veteran Andre 3000's "Play the Guitar" collaboration premiered.

"Play the Guitar" finds the rapper dropping playful rhymes over Salaam Remi produced soundscapes. "Sideline haters need to chill where the cooler is," B.o.B raps. However, it doesn't feel like the hero has arrived until Andr 3000 comes in mid-way to drop knowledge. "I encourage any child to pick up some instrument, because if you're mad at your dad or your mum you can grab it and strum/ Eat your cabbage and corn by the time you're done, you'll probably realize they meant you no harm." Bobby Ray's first single, "Strange Clouds" (feat. Lil' Wayne), is climbing the charts. "Strange Clouds," which peaked at No. 3 on the Hot 100 chart, recently jumped from 48-41 and is currently No. 18 on Rap Songs. (Billboard)

In early October, the Atlanta rapper discussed busting rhymes on his second solo effort.

"For me I feel like I been going through phases. And I feel like I'ma always go through phases," he explained in an interview. "When I first started the first song I ever released was 'Cloud 9.' And that was like a smoker's anthem. The first whole half of the song I was just singing on it -- I kinda went through that phase. Went through [an] alternative phase where all I wanted to do was make rock music. Now I just feel like rapping. I feel like naturally I'ma sing, throw a melody here and there but I'm in emcee mode now....Man we gonna get that [out] I'ma say, March. I'm aiming for early March. I don't wanna say too much." ("The Breakfast Club")

Check out a recent B.o.B. interview below:


Comments