Nicki Minaj talks Lil Wayne collaboration on Dedication 4 (Video)

Nicki Minaj has worked with her YMCMB boss, Lil Wayne in the past, but since finding her own success, the dynamics of the relationship has changed. Minaj recently talked about her latest collaboration with Lil Wayne on his latest mixtape, Dedication 4.

Minaj gets her own freestyle spotlight on the mixtape, which she discussed with MTV News Friday. I usually pick the beat when me and Wayne do something, she said. When she went to Miami, she asked him why he doesnt give her any lectures anymore. ...He says, 'you made it already I ain't got to tell you sh--, Minaj said.

She promised that a little spat that the two had recently will be released to fans soon. The Starships singer insisted that she have a spot on Dedication 4.

But he's working on the mixtape and I said, 'Excuse me, I need to be on that mixtape,' and he said, 'Aight, whatever you wanna do, she said. So I just went into the other room and recorded on this particular beat that I'm sure my fans are gonna be very happy that I touched. I'm really excited for the kids to hear.

Minaj said that the track that features her will be real funny. She says as much as she loves working by herself, she misses having Lil Wayne as a mentor.

He's just sitting back watching, and seeing the fruits of his labor, and that's what he said, Minaj said.

As for her own career, Minaj said that shes working on her third album, which should come out before the end of 2012 as a follow-up to Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded. I'm releasing something before the year is out, she told MTV without giving away any details.

Lil Wayne said that Dedication 4 will be delayed since close friend 2 Chainz released his album this week. Dedication 4 will now be released this week.


Comments