Lil Wayne to take break from music: 'I'm bored of rapping' - listen

Lil Wayne is to take a break from music.

The rapper told radio station Hot 107.9 in Atlanta, Georgia that he wants to focus on his skateboarding, having got 'bored' of rapping.

He said: "Being me, I always feel like I ain't done nothing yet, so I'm always looking for the next thing to do.

Lil Wayne Escape To Total Rewards Los Angeles held At Hollywood and Highland Center - Performances Hollywood, California

"It does get pretty boring when it comes to just the rapping and all that type of stuff. I've been doing it since I was 8 and I'm about to be 30 in September."

The star added that he doesn't want to reach a stage where his fans grow tired of him.

He says: "I think I deserve that. I think fans deserve a little-to-no Wayne. I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song. I'm still on everybody's song.

"My artists are doing awesome; I believe the fans deserve some peace from me, so I'll be on my skateboard in the meantime."

Watch the video for Lil Wayne's 'My Homies Still' below:


Comments