2 Chainz On Lil Wayne/Pusha T Dispute: "I Wouldn't Want Nothing To Happen To Neither One Of Them" [Video]

News: 2 Chainz On Lil Wayne/Pusha T Dispute: "I Wouldn't Want Nothing To Happen To Neither One Of Them" [Video]

Thursday, Aug 9, 2012 10:28AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz has reacted to the recent war of words between longtime friend Lil Wayne and his G.O.O.D. Music pal Pusha T and said he has no interest in being their mediator.

Although Chainz said he did not see himself getting involved, the rapper did admit he hopes both sides do not go to extreme measures.

"I have nothing to do with what Pusha is doing every day or what Wayne is doing every day," he told CBS Local exclusively. "These are just peers of mine. I wouldn't want nothing to happen to neither one of them. But I don't referee or mediate. I mind my business. That's why I'm here right now. When you come from the streets you learn to mind your own business." (CBS Local)

Recently, Pusha explained his decision not to answer Lil Wayne's "Goulish" diss record.

"I was surprised actually at the whole -- anybody, but Wayne specifically, answering 'Exodus.' I've never seen one record that didn't say any names cause so much of a firestorm," Pusha told radio host Funkmaster Flex. "['Goulish?'] It was horrible. It was trash. It wasn't good -- I didn't like [the production] either. Let me say this. I didn't like it for that type of rec! ord. I didn't feel like, in all honesty, I haven't said anything about it because I didn't think it was good enough to respond to." (Hot 97)

Earlier this summer, Weezy F. Baby defended publicly going at Pusha after the release of "Exodus 23:1."

"I just finished recording my "I Am Not a Human Being II" album. And we're starting to work on the Young Money album," Wayne said in an interview before addressing Pusha. "It really wasn't no beef, you know. It was just me. I just reacted. Just a reaction, a simple reaction. I don't apologize for it because I'm human. But it was just my human reaction. I don't take it back. But there's no beef. Beef is a whole different thing. ... I'll move on." (The Washington Post)

Last week, Wayne discussed his close-knit bond to 2 Chainz.

"I don't know if the A-Town know but that's my friend. [laughs] That's not my rap buddy, that's my real friend," Wayne told DJ Drama in an interview, referring to 2 Chainz. "I knew that guy when he didn't know how to make no words rhyme. You know what I mean? [laughs] That's my real friend, I know him. He's 'Tity Boi Put It In The Air' to me. ... And all of a sudden this guy is killing it. He's murdered the show. ... It's weird to me, I'm sorry, it's weird. He always gives me the upmost respect. He always gives me so many props." (Hot 107.9)

Check out 2 Chainz's interview below:


Comments