Lil Wayne Says Music Has 'Taken Backseat To Skateboarding'

Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne made an appearance on DJ Drama's Atlanta radio show on Hot 107.9 to catch up this week, as the pair prep their upcoming mixtape, Dedication 4,set to drop in mid-August.

During the conversation, the hip-hop superstar discussed his newfound love for skateboarding and revealed that it has taken priority over music, which he may take a break from.

"I picked up the skateboard and I thought it'd be a hobby and what happened is: it's a lifestyle," Weezy explained. "In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. It's kind of putting rap on the back burner. Rap's taken a backseat to skating.

"I kinda feel like I deserve that," he continued. "I feel like the fans deserve a lil' no Wayne. I've been everywhere. I've been out on everybody's song, I'm still on everybody's song, my artists are doing awesome. I believe the fans deserve some peace from me. I be on my skateboard in the meantime."

Also, Weezy revealed a few tracks fans should expect from the upcoming tape, before he goes on a rap hiatus.The fourth installment of Dedication will feature freestyles over Ca$h Out's "Cashin' Out," Chief Keef's "I Don't Like," and Meek Mill and Big Sean's "Burn."

Later, he discusses B.G. recently 14-year prison sentence, rumors that Drake is trying to leave YMCMB, and 2 Chainz's explosion.Listen below:


Comments