Lil Wayne: Rap is Boring I Wanna Skateboard Instead!

Saturday, August 4th 2012 | Leave a Comment

Lil Wayne has revealed that hes taking an extended break from rapping (his first love) so that he can focus on skateboarding (his new love).

Why? Because rap is boring this according to Weezy himself!

The rapper turned skater boy phoned in to DJ Dramas radio show on Atlantas Hot 107.9 Wednesday, and talked about his new music, and also explained why hes putting his career on the back burner in favor of developing his skill as a skateboarder.

Its kinda putting rap on the back burner, thats all. Raps taking a backseat to skating, thats all. I kinda feel like I deserve that, I feel like the fans deserve a little No Wayne.

Ive been everywhere, man. Ive been out on everybodys song, Im still on everybodys song. My artists are doing awesome; I believe the fans deserve some peace from me, so Ill be on my skateboard in the meantime.

Ever since he was a teenager, Lil Wayne has been releasing music rapidly, whether it be solo projects, mixtapes, or albums with his former group the Hot Boys so you cant really blame the guy if hes tired of rapping, which hes been doing for over two decades now.

Yeah, it does get pretty boring when it comes to the rapping and that kinda stuff. Ive done so much of it Ive been doin it since I was 8. Im about to be 30 in September and Im still rapping. So I kinda feel like Im gettin old.

So how exactly did Lil Wayne get into skateboarding? He explained:

What happened was I pic! ked up the skateboard and it started being a hobby and what happened is its a lifestyle. You have to be fully committed because its super-scary, and in order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle.

Wayne also talked about his upcoming projects, including his Dedication 4 mixtape with DJ Drama (which will drop in August) and his next studio album I Am Not a Human Being II, which is currently being led by the single My Homies Still (feat. Big Sean) and is said to be dropping later this year, though no release date has been set.

The full interview is below:


Comments