Lil Wayne to Drop Rap For Skateboarding?

While Lil Wayne is set to release his mixtape, Dedication 4, on August 15, the Young Money frontrunner recently revealed that he's put rap on the back burner for skateboardin g!

I picked up the skateboard and I thought itd be a hobby and what happened is its a lifestyle," he said during a phone call with DJ Drama. "In order to be fully committed, you have to live that lifestyle. With these young kids now, you have to be about that life. Its kind of putting rap on the back burner. Raps taken a backseat to skating.

In addition, he spoke about taking a break from the rap game. I kinda feel like I deserve that. I feel like the fans deserve a lil no Wayne," he said. "Ive been everywhere. Ive been out on everybodys song, Im still on everybodys song, my artists are doing awesome. I believe the fans deserve some peace from me. I be on my skateboard in the meantime.

He also revealed that he and 2 Chainz were more than just rap buddies.Thats my friend. Thats not my rap buddy. Thats my real friend. I know that guy when he didnt know how to make no words rhyme. Hes Tity baby, put it in the air for me. And all of a sudden this guy is killing it, he murdered the show. I was like, That cant be him up there. Its weird to me.

In response to Jas Prince's claims that he is owed millions by Drakes camp, he said that these claims were false. "My first time hearing about it was yesterday. All I can say is that its not true. I really have no response. Im just making a lot of money over here and its a lot of fun over here. My daughter is beautiful and my sons awesome.

Watch the full interview below.

"Want to be first? Sign up for Vibe STATUS now and get the latest news delivered to your inbox daily. Plus get exclusive party invites, giveaways and perks."


Comments