Lil Wayne to retire after two more albums?

Lil Wayne has said that he plans to release two more studio albums before retiring.

The 30-year-old rapper told MTV that he feels he is growing too old to be a rapper.

Lil Wayne performs at the MTV Video Music Awards 2012

"I know y'all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album," he said.

"Man, I've been rapping since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man."

The 'Lollipop' rapper did not reveal whether the decision is also connected to his recent health problems, which have prompted him to begin treatment on anti-seizure medication.

He did admit that part of the decision has to do with wanting to go out on a high note, adding: "Thank God I haven't put out an album that hasn't went platinum.

"To just keep it going like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I'm fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great."

Wayne's next album, I Am Not A Human Being II, is scheduled for release in 2013, with his alleged final album! Tha Carter V due for release after.

Watch the video for Lil Wayne's 'No Worries' below:

For more breaking entertainment and tech coverage follow Digital Spy on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.


Comments