A$AP Rocky Says Weezy Saved Baby: "I'm Not A F*cking Lil Wayne D*ckrider -- I'm Just Speaking Facts"

News: A$AP Rocky Says Weezy Saved Baby: "I'm Not A F*cking Lil Wayne D*ckrider -- I'm Just Speaking Facts"

Tuesday, Nov 13, 2012 10:06AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Harlem rap newcomer A$AP Rocky gives credit to the contributions seasoned hip-hop veteran Lil Wayne has made since the start of his career and which of his key trends get overlooked in the new issue of Complex.

In his cover feature, Rocky explains just how big of an impact Wayne's had on the rap game.

"I put Wayne in Jay-Z and Kanye's bracket, in terms of success. Wayne is still fun. Are we forgetting that Wayne made everybody switch their flow up and start using the E's and R's, and "I'm ir-regul-ar, seg-ular"? Like, c'mon, are we forgetting that Wayne changed hip-hop, too? Are we forgetting that he made all these motherf*ckers want to have tattoos? Are we forgetting that? It wasn't Wiz [Khalifa], it was Wayne. Wiz did it, too, but I'm just stating facts. This is a guy who f*cking went from being the youngest underdog in his crew to saving his company, and saving his "Daddy." I'm not a f*cking Lil Wayne d*ckrider--I'm just speaking facts." (Complex)

Rocky also defends Wayne's unique fashion statements amid backlash from fans and media.

"People can say what they want about him with the way he dresses. I hate the way he dresses. I'm keeping it 100 with you. It's very tacky at times. But that's what he chooses to do. Get off his d*ck! If that's what he chooses to wear, OK. At least he's not wearing it 'cause he saw some other lame motherf*ckers wearing it. That's when I don't respect it. He's doing him! Maybe it doesn't work for you, but it works for him. So we need to get off his d*ck and let that man be legendary." (Complex)

Over the summer, Weezy F. Baby named who he felt are the most stylish hip-hop artists out.

He has got his own skateboard clothing line, but when it comes to fashion Lil Wayne reckons Kanye West is far more stylish. "I do not consider myself the most stylish rapper out there," he said. "I'd say if I had to consider someone the most stylish rapper out there, I would definitely say that would be a Kanye West or an Andre 3000." The rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr, reckons his personal style has evolved throughout his career. "I was one of the guys that would 'geek chic' it every now and then... Now I'm just more into whatever works for me. I think that's just age." (ITN)

Earlier this year, rap mogul Russell Simmons co-signed Wayne's Trukfit clothing line.

"It's just that the young men's brands that had culture in them have grown up and all these young men's brands ! have a sh! elf life," Simmons said in a video. "So all of them, Sean John's, Rocawear's and Phat Farms, those things have a certain cultural space and a lot of young people have grown out of it. A lot of young people have new inspirations and they need something cultural that speaks to them. I think what Lil Wayne does speaks to the next generation and I think there's a big, giant white space. ... The billions of dollars in young men's brands, a lot of those people are buying Ralph [Lauren] now or they're buying men's brands and there's no new inspiration. So I came to see what Lil Wayne was doing. He's hitting the nail right on the head. It's exactly what they need. The young people need something from their generation that's inspiring, speaks their language and that's what this brand does." (Karmaloop TV)

Check out a recent A$AP Rocky interview:


Comments