Lil Wayne Speaks for Rap Retirement

The 30-year old Lil Wayne has already spoken about his 19 years in the music business and now planning to release his final album, not so sure with the date, but he does know that he will swan song to rap.

Apparently, the New Orleans rapper will release I Am Not A Human Being II in February, and then,as he told MTV, hell look ahead to ending his career with Tha Carter V.

I know yall want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album, Lil Wayne said. Man, Ive been rappin since I was 8 years old. Im 30 now, man. Thats a long time.

With his answers of retiring from the business, will the retirement will even stick? But as what the MTV points out, Weezy could churn out a record or two so his retirement might not be as close as it sounds.

I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14 Thank God I havent put out an album that hasnt went platinum, he said. To just keep it going like that, I think not only am I being greedy, Im fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great.

Get free updates directly to your e-mail from Showbiz Renegade. Just enter your e-mail below and confirm your subscription by clicking the link that will be sent to your e-mail.

Comments