Lil Wayne announces 'I Am Not a Human Being II' is his last album

Lil Wayne has stated that his latest album I Am Not a Human Being II will be his last.

He premiered his music video for his single No Worries on Wednesday, and while talking to MTV News, he said "It's like a Carter V."

I know y'all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album," he said. "Man, I've been rappin' since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man."

Wayne has been embarking on other ventures, such as skateboarding and his clothing line TrukFit.

When I love to do something, I'm fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that 'it,' he explained.

Waynes first album came out in 1999 (The Block is Hot) and he was part of groups Hot Boys and the B.G.'z. But he has had nine solo LPs come out in career, in addition to collaboration records.

"I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I'm 30 now. Thank God I haven't put out an album that hasn't went platinum," he said. "To just keep it goin' like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I'm fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great."

Follow us on Twitter! Follow us on Facebook!

Comments