Lil Wayne claims he will release two more albums then retire

November 23, 2012 17:14

Rapper suggests 'I Am Not A Human Being II' will be his penultimate release

Lil Wayne claims he will release two more albums then retire

Photo: Ed Miles/NME

Lil Wayne has stated that he will release just two more albums before retiring.

The Young Money rapper is due to release his next album 'I Am Not A Human Being II' in 2013 and told MTV News that it will be his penultimate album with just one more record, 'The Carter', to follow. Speaking to reporters about his career and feeling old at 30, Wayne said: "I know y'all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album. Man, I've been rapping since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man."

"When I love to do something, I'm fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that 'it'," he added. "I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I'm 30 now. Thank God I haven't put out an album that hasn't went platinum. To just keep it going like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I'm fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great."

The news of Wayne's retirement may also be linked to the rapper's recent health scares which saw the star hospitalised.

Initial reports claimed that he had experienced a seizure, but a representative for the hip-hop star told MTV that he was merely having problems with migraines and was at home in Louisiana recuperating.

Wayne was also taken ill earlier this week (October 25), when reports claimed that his private jet was forced to make an emergency landing in Texas after he suffered "seizure-like symptoms" mid-flight. However, his representatives insisted that he had only received treatment for dehydration and a severe migraine.


Comments