Lil Waynes Trukfit Collection: The Martian Launches a Label Thats Skate Boy Fresh

Endorse (From VIBE's April/May 2012 Issue)

Lil Waynes Trukfit Collection

The Martian launches a label thats skate boy fresh --Mikey Fresh

VIBE: Rapper clothing lines were popping at one point, but then fizzled. What made you start one now?

Lil Wayne: I always had a clothing line. I never had the proper time, the proper name and never was really into it. Its probably been two or three years now, just never put it out. I was never satisfied with the design.

Many of the pieces are very skateboard influenced.

Yeah, it was just a natural thing. It represents where Im at and what Im about right now.

Who were some of your initial inspirations?

Just speaking to some of my homies that have clothing linesStevie Williams from DGK [Dirty Ghetto Kids], people like that.

Do you plan on expanding into jeans and accessories?

Were going to get into all that. I just have to approve everything. I approve all products and Im a very strict, unreasonable guy. Thats really the holdup on a lot of things.

Where do you envision Trukfit goingon the level of Gucci or Polo?

Thats the beautiful part of it. I dont have a destination. Therefore, it can go wherever and Ill be excited about it.

Read More:

VIBE.COM


Comments