5 Things Lil Wayne Should Avoid Doing on His Love Album, 'Devol'

Remember when Lil Wayne talked about his plans to record an album called Luv Sawngz a few years ago? He wanted to use Autotunemuch like Kanye West did on his 2008 album, 808s & Heartbreakto create an album full of R&B songs. "F--- it," he told Blender in 2008. "I'm not even a rapper. I'm past thatI'm an R&B singer now. Call me T-Wayne."

Fortunately, that album never saw the light of day. Unfortunately, though, the idea for it might be back again. During MTV's debut installment of their new show, Hip Hop POV, last week, Weezy appeared and talked about a new album called Devol that he's working on right now. According to him, it features a handful of tracks that he wrote while he was in jail in 2010 and they're all "love songs"at least, by his standards. "What I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they're not saying, 'I love you,'" he said. "It's all material I did when I was locked up."

Um, okay? We're not exactly sure what to make of that explanation. But, we do know one thing: We hope this isn't Wayne's attempt to make Luv Sawngz under a different title! We also hope that this isn't going to be a corny concept record that falls flat and serves as a letdown after last year's Tha Carter IV. So to try and guide Wayne in the right direction, we put together a list of the 5 Things Lil Wayne Needs To Avoid Doing On His New Album, Devol. Stick to this script, Weezy, and we're sure that we'll love the album.Chris Yuscavage


Comments