Lil Wayne Says You Haven't Seen Anything Yet: "I Will Probably So Not Give You What You Was Expecting" [Video]

News: Lil Wayne Says You Haven't Seen Anything Yet: "I Will Probably So Not Give You What You Was Expecting" [Video]

Friday, Oct 5, 2012 10:56AM

Written by Cyrus Langhorne

Grammy-winning rapper Lil Wayne recently let fans know he has plenty of tricks up his sleeve, warning hip-hop heads to never anticipate or guess what his music will offer.

Despite over a decade in the rap spotlight, Weezy F. Baby said he still has plenty left in his think tank.

"Never have expectations for my albums," Wayne said in an interview. "Never. Never, because I will probably so not give you what you was expecting. I'm not at that point where it's kind of like, 'What more can I say?' You know what I mean? I've said everything in every situation in every way so it's almost interesting to go into the studio and find new things to talk about and new ways to talk about them, hear them back and say, 'Wow, you figured it out again.'" (Associated Press)

Back in August, Wayne blamed boredom for fueling his new Dedication 4 mixtape.

"I just felt like it was time. I got bored," Weezy told DJ Drama when asked about the motivation behind his upcoming mixtape. "Being me, I always feel like I ain't done nothing yet. So I'm always looking for the next thing 'to do.' Other than that, yeah, it does get pretty boring when it comes to just the rapping and all that type of stuff. I've done so much of it! . I've been doing it since I was eight and I'm about to be thirty in September and I'm still rapping. I kind of feel like I'm getting old. [laughs]" (Drama Like The DJ)

Recently, fellow rap veteran Busta Rhymes spoke on Weezy's rap genius.

"Me and Wayne, we've been friends for a long time. I'm a big fan of Wayne. He's one of the illest MCs in this rap sh*t. You know that when you get him on your track, he's going to deliver," Busta said in an interview. "I like to connect with artists I've got a good vibe with and that I respect. At this stage in my career, I don't want to do anything that doesn't feel good. If I'm f*ckin' with you it's because the vibe feels right. It's not just because it's cool for you to rock on the record. So that type of beat and ['Pressure'] song, Wayne just thought he'd have a good time dancing on it, poppin' the type of sh*t that we pop on it." (Complex)

Outside of music-making, the rap star celebrated his 30th birthday last week in California.

The Young Money rapper spent $180,000 to turn an empty Hollywood building into a club for one night only. A guest tells RumorFix exclusively, "They had a sex room that had condoms, lube and Tang." Maybe that's why the event was called "Project XXX." There was a swimming pool with a constant flow of girls -- and the party planner made sure there were plenty of ladies dressed in lingerie to give the party some sex appeal. (RumorFix)

Check out Lil Wayne's interview below:


Comments