Lil Wayne 'The Biggest Thing In The Game,' Chi-Ali Says

Chi-Ali has friends in high places. Despite being locked up for the past 12 years, the Roadrunner immediately got back into the studio and hooked up with none other than superstar Lil Wayne.

"Meeting Lil Wayne for the first time was great," Chi-Ali told MTV News of the meeting that their mutual friend Fat Joe set up. "I've been watching him for the last 12 years while I was prison. So I literally watched him blow and grow from a young man to a grown-ass man, and he's huge."

Chi dropped his first album, The Fabulous Chi-Ali, back in 1992, and back then, the Bronx, New York, native was hooked up with the Beatnuts and the Native Tongues crew it was all a pretty big deal. But since his incarceration, new players have emerged in the rap game, few bigger than Lil Wayne, so for the Young Money boss to treat the veteran rapper with such respect meant a lot to Ali.

"I appreciate him, I applaud him. A lot of artists need to take some tips from Wayne on how to handle their success," he said. "My kids, my daughters love him. Who don't love Wayne? He's the biggest thing in the game, I believe, definitely in hip-hop."

Fat Joe rounded up Chi-Ali, French Montana and Lil Wayne to shoot his upcoming "Yellow Tape" music video, but whether they've all recorded together is unknown. Ali has been recording something, however.

"Music is definitely my first love. We're in the studio right now, myself and Joey Crack, putting some stuff together," he said, also mentioning that he'd like to publish an autobiography, obtain his bachelor's degree and get into acting. "Right now for Chi-Ali, sky's the limit. I've just gotten out of prison, so I have so much energy. I want to do so much! ."

Are you interested in hearing Chi-Ali's new material? Let us know in the comments!


Comments