Lil Wayne Responds To Kanye West's 'Best Rapper In The World' Compliment

WENN.comWENN.com

Lil Wayne has thanked Kanye West for describing him as the number rapper in the world, after the 'Mercy' rapper was named the seventh hottest MC in hip-hop by MTV.

Kanye, A$AP Rocky, Meek Mill and Drake are just some of the rappers who have been included in MTV's countdown of the best rappers in the industry, but rather than graciously accept his position, Kanye admitted he was bothered to learn that he was named seventh in the controversial list.

Lil Wayne Responds To Kanye West's 'Best Rapper In The World' ComplimentLil Wayne Responds To Kanye West's 'Best Rapper In The World' Compliment

Lil Wayne was flattered by Kanye's compliment (WENN)

In the midst of his rant, Kanye found time to reveal who he would rate as the best rapper, and aside from naming his BFF Jay-Z and Eminem, hailed Young Money boss Lil Wayne for his talents, saying: Yea, number 7 bothers me because I think that Wayne is the number 1 rapper in the world.

Yea, I just think hes like him, Jay, Em and certain people are just like the greatest RAPPERS of all time. For me, I feel like in order for them to put me in number 7 they had to bring up things that they didnt like.

Clearly shocked and overwhelmed by the compliment, Lil Wayne tweeted: That's the ultimate compliment coming from a humble,great,extremely creative,& superior genius...I appreciate that Yeezy!

Meanwhile, Kanye shared his ! disappointment at not being ranked higher in the list, claiming he was being judged by his love of high fashion and relationship with pregnant girlfriend Kim Kardashian.

That was cool and everything. More than anything Im happy for Sean, but I feel like he should on top 5. The way hes [been] bodying records, like the way he started off 'Mercy,' you know, Kanye said during an interview with New York's Hot 97.

Yea, I just think hes like him, Jay, Em and certain people are just like the greatest RAPPERS of all time. For me, I feel like in order for them to put me in number 7 they had to bring up things that they didnt like.

Do you agree that Lil Wayne is the number one rapper in the world? Vote now!

Lil Wayne Responds To Kanye West's 'Best Rapper In The World' ComplimentLil Wayne Responds To Kanye West's 'Best Rapper In The World' Compliment

Kanye West praised Lil Wayne as 'the number one rapper in the world' (WENN)

From Kim K To Jay-Z! 5 Things Kanye West Will (Most Likely) Address On His New Album

'I Feel Like Someone Stole My Kid' Says Nicki Minaj On A Contestant's New Look For American Idol's LZayn Malik Behaves Himself As He Spends Quality Time W! ith Mum I! n IrelandJersey Shores Snooki Shows Off 42lbs Weight Loss

Comments