Lil Wayne, Gunplay Get 'A Little Aggressive' On Human Being II

DVLP has been in tune with Lil Wayne's sonic frequency for quite some time now.

The hit producer who used to go by the name Develop, but has since dropped all the vowels from his moniker is responsible for 2005's "Fireman," Wayne's first hit single in the post-Mannie Fresh, Cash Money era. He's been crafting tracks for Weezy ever since, including a song on the rapper's latest, I Am Not a Human Being II. For "Beat the Sh--," DVLP provided a taunting, smack-fest that's fitting for Wayne's martian mischief.

"It's funny because when [Wayne] played it for me after it was done, he looked at me like, 'D, this ain't for radio,' " the producer recalled to MTV News on Monday. "He let it be known right from the jump that it was a little aggressive."

Lil Wayne's camp first revealed that they were working on IANAHB2 back in October 2011, and DVLP estimated that his contribution was recorded in the spring of 2012. At some point after he delivered the pounding track to Tunechi, who had been recording at Miami's Hit Factory, Maybach Music's Gunplay jumped on what's now the finished track, an addition that DVLP feels good about.

"Gunplay is also one of those dudes that has that wild-out, aggressive attitude and I think that's why they get along, maybe personally before music," the producer guessed. "Sonically, I think Gunplay sounded pretty good ! on that record, actually."

The track, which is loaded with expletives, serves as a verbal warning to any and all of Wayne's adversaries. "F--- with me wrong, take me out of my zone/ And I'll knock the motherf---in' snow off of your cone," Weezy sings over dark synth keys and concussive drums.

There are laugh-out-loud threats throughout from both Gunplay and Tune, including Gun promising a "horror show" by booting "ya head off your collarbone" and Wayne offering his enemies the opportunity to "give my fist a kiss."

"Not the typical feature," DVLP said.

What do you think of Lil Wayne and Gunplay's chemistry on I Am Not a Human Being II? Let us know in the comments!


Comments