Lil Wayne will be booze-free in South Africa



Grammy Award winning rapper Lil Wayne will tour South Africa in December. He is on three years probation and abstaining from alcohol is part of the probation. Also he is not to associate with people involved in drugs or criminal activity.
Timeslive reports that he will have a 50-member entourage traveling with him, a luxury bus and five top of the line SUV's.. He apparently won't have any alcoholic beverages though. On previous overseas trips he would require bottles of Perrier-Jouet champagne, Hennessy cognac and two bottles of Patron Platinum tequila be available for him in his hotel suite.
He told GQ magazine when asked about sobriety, "I'm good, I'm used to it now. But I was never on heroin, cocaine or ecstasy. I drank syrup and smoked a lotta weed. I wish I could be back on it". Wayne will perform in Capetown, Durban and Johannesburg. This is part of his 'I am Still Music' world tour. Hip hop has a following in Africa. People there can relate to struggles and oppression. These are themes that many rappers use in their music. Hiphopdx.com said that the tour will begin December 7.


Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/314437#ixzz1dqXdTAx2

Comments