Lil Wayne Shows Off Skills On Rooftop Skateboard Ramp

VIDEO: Lil Wayne Shows Off Skills On Rooftop Skateboard Ramp

He may have suffered sideways disses from other rappers and even physical injury -needing 9 stitches after a spill in August - but Lil Wayne refuses to give up his dreams of being a skateboarder.

Footage of Weezy F. Baby carving up a halfpipe skate ramp built on top of his Miami mansion hit YouTube yesterday.

While the N.O. rapper does not manage any advanced tricks, he looks happy enough just trying to get the basics down.

Wayne explained what inspired him to build a skatepark-in-the-sky during an interview with GQ magazine.

"Im still a kid, because unfortunately my childhood was raped away from me because I became a star, a rapper, or whatever you want to call it, and you cant be a kid and a rapper at the same time," he mused.

"So I was just watching TV, and I was like, Yeah. I want to do that! And I called a guy and I said, I want a ramp on my roof. I have a pretty big roof at home. So I put a ramp on the roof, and man, Ive been skating ever since."

Might want to buy a helmet, just in case, Weezy.

Lil Wayne Hits Up LA Lakers Game...

Ludacris Fires Shots at Drake & Big Sean in 'Flow Biting' RowLil Wayne: 'Jay-Z Too Shook To Act On Beyonce Diss'Kelly Rowland: 'Beyonce Kicked Me Out Of Our House When My Ego Got Too Big'

Comments