Lil Wayne hands out turkeys in New Orleans

Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne headed to New Orleans to hand out turkeys, it has been reported.

On Friday, the rapper joined his label Cash Money Records as they distributed Thanksgiving turkeys to the less fortunate in the US city.

"It's actually been my first time back here for the past eight or nine years, and they've been doing this for 15 years," Lil Wayne told MTV News. "I haven't been back here to do this for so long just being super busy, just always on tour."

The rapper went on to reveal that while he used to help Cash Money Records founders Bryan 'Birdman' Williams and Ronald 'Slim' Williams give out the turkeys years ago, this was the first time he actually felt a connection to those he was helping.

"Those times I did it years ago, I was just a kid and I was just doing it because Baby and Slim, we were giving away turkeys at a park and that's what we were doin'," Wayne said.

He continued: "Now it's a totally different feeling, because I can actually give you that and say, 'Here, happy Thanksgiving'. I can do that, and I can provide that for you. That's a different feeling in general, and it's a beautiful feeling overall."

Lil Wayne recently received three nominations for the 2011 American Music Awards, which air tonight on ABC at 8pm.

In September, the rapper managed to achieve the second-highest weekly sales for a new album in the US this year so far with his ninth studio effort Tha Carter IV.


Comments