Lil Wayne demands artist respect

Lil Wayne thinks none of the artists on his record label should be disrespected.

The 29-year-old rapper recently pulled Nicki Minaj - who is on his Young Money label - out of the Summer Jam Concert in the US when radio DJ Peter Rosenberg slated her track 'Starships', and he believes anyone he signs up to work with him deserves a certain level of reverence.

He said: 'That's a female, first and foremost Nicki Minaj is a female. I don't know what anyone else believes, but I believe females deserve the ultimate respect at all times no matter, when or where or how.

'As soon as she called and told me she felt disrespected, I just declined everything. I pulled her from the show because no one that works with me will be disrespected in my presence as long as I'm on this planet.'

Wayne also pulled his artist DJ Khaled from performing at the same event following the criticism, but he admits he has no bad feelings because of it.

He added to MTV News: 'I expect the red carpet, in her manner, the pink carpet should be laid out for her. It's just an executive move, no salt, no bad feelings, no hard feelings.'


Comments