Lil Waynes Styrofoam Cup Inspired by Pimp C

lil wayne & styrofoam cup*Lil Wayne admits hes no trendsetter since fans, foe, and critics have chattered about his white styrofoam cup appearance on 60 Minutes a while ago.

The rapper unashamedly showed off his disposable cup on national television, causing the double cup trend and leaving people wondering what was in his cup.

Well probably never know what he was drinking, but the whole cup incident wasnt his original idea.

I did it cuz Pimp C did it, flat out, he tells MTVs Sway Calloway during the MTV First premiere of his No Worries music video.

All I listen to all day is UGK. Everybody know that. Everybody know Pimp C, to me I mean, you know, next to God and my mama and my kids, man, its Pimp C.

Thats like godhood status.

In honor of his favorite rap hero, he decided to sport the double cup, no matter if anyone else thinks its too hood for television.

I didnt do it to be cool. And it didnt matter if Pimp C was cool to you, Wayne says. I know I can get in my car and go listen to the radio and then Im not about to hear Pimp C, so obviously Pimp C aint cool to everybody else.

Now that the dust has cleared and everyones pretty much over it, the fact of the matter is, the double cup move has become the rap-guys signature. If one happens to get a relevant television interview and doesnt have the styrofoam cup, hes not in the club of cool kids.

Read/learn more at MTV.


Comments