Lil Wayne song saves soldier's life in Afghanistan

Lil Wayne has come out to thank a soldier who credits the rapper with saving his life during combat in Afghanistan.

Private First Class Lander Chappell recently revealed that the performer's music kept him alive after losing his leg in a roadside bomb attack.

Lil Wayne performs at the MTV Video Music Awards 2012

Chappell says he sang the lyrics of Lil Wayne's song 'Tie My Hands' while he waited for rescue, explaining, "It got my mind off it and finally the medevac [medical evacuation] came.

"We were still singing. We get on to the medevac. It's one of the things I really appreciate him doing for me."

Wayne took to his Twitter account after hearing the news with a message for Chappell.

He tweeted: "PFC Lander Chappell, I've always known that my musik (sic) could change lives but I never knew it could save em (sic) as well. Thank u (sic)."

Lil Wayne recently hinted that he may be retiring from music after two more albums.

Listen to Lil Wayne's 'Tie My Hands' below:

Showbiz Christmas Gift Guide 2012: View fashion and beauty treats from Beyonce, Beckham and more.


Comments